We would like to welcome you and tell you a little something about our congregation: its pastors, leaders and staff; its opportunities for worship and growth; and its beliefs, programs of Christian education, and opportunities for fellowship.
We, the disciples of Christ from St. Paul Lutheran Church, Tomah, Wisconsin, do hereby announce and proclaim that it is our intention and purpose in this world to share the Word of God, especially the gospel of Jesus Christ, with all people, as commanded by and with the help of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
The primary objectives of this congregation shall be:
- To faithfully proclaim the law and gospel, to lead sinners to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ for life and salvation (2 Timothy 4:2; Luke 24:26-48).
- To strengthen believers in faith and sanctification through the means of grace (Romans 10:17).
- To equip believers as disciples, stewards and witnesses for sharing the gospel of Jesus with our fellow people (Ephesians 4:11-12).
This We Believe is a summary of the beliefs and teachings of this congregation.
This congregation is affiliated with and supports the work of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS). We are also a member of the association which supports and opperates Luther High School in Onalaska, WI.
St Paul Evangelical Lutheran of Tomah, Wisconsin was organized by seventeen families on July 26, 1874. The following year a frame church building was erected. The congregation, although first and foremost desiring to teach its children the Word of God, also wanted to provide a complete Christian education in a Christian environment. In 1878 a Christian day school was established. The congregation resolved to join the Wisconsin Lutheran Synod on May 13, 1882. In 1890 a new brick church building was constructed.
The Lord had blessed St Paul as it worked to spread the good news of Christ Jesus in this community. Several building projects have been completed over the years, and many people have come to know Jesus Christ as their Savior.
Our current church building was dedicated "To the Glory of God" in December of 1971. We currently serve 1400+ souls.
Our present school building was dedicated in 1988.
May God continue to bless to work we are doing.